View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 10:39 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccawisdom
there is oneness and uniqueness though. the self matters in the whole, it's through the self that you have that connection to oneness.

I like this ram dass quote..."my personality felt so inadequate that I wanted to become bigger than life"

Hello rebeccawisdom

Oh yes, never for one moment does any of this take away from our unique and individuated outlook and personality - although it will certainly modify it.

When delusion falls away the individuated outlook (and the world) is not somehow left behind.

Delusion, seeking and the falling away of delusion occur in phenomenal manifestation - they occur via the play of the body-mind. What can be revealed is that the notion of enduring, inherently existing, isolated entities is a misapprehension - and that our deepest nature is (for want of an expression) this inexplicable event of existence itself. This is a waking up TO the dream (so to speak - it's not actually a dream) not FROM the dream. The 'dream' goes on - the individuated perspective (and personality) doesn't dissolve - it becomes re-contextualised as the contingent play of a deeper reality.