View Single Post
Old 18-08-2017, 11:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky
I certainly see liberation and in that sense I am awake. However I have no desire for it in place of what I have in its place. I consider myself to be quite selfless in how I relate to others. Seeking liberation as I understand it, for me could only be out of selfishness. So what that means for me is I found what I was looking for but it's not for me. I'm humble enough to admit that I may be completely misunderstanding what liberation is like but I trust my intuition and intellect and heart enough to know that I'm probably not far off and not only can I not see how life could continue for a family man in such a state, I wouldn't trade my current life or condition for it even with all the sorrows and pain because that's just part of it.
I'll probably stick around because I don't see many others here calling themselves Buddhist and I enjoy their company and dialogs. Besides you would miss me.
Some of us reach the god bridge and want to believe that is all that is nec essary for their continued life. It works, it serves itself in this way of understanding self and others. When you start talking about self sacrifice and selfishness in the way you are showing for you my curiosity looks into that and wonders about a few things..
Balance in all things brings balance for all things connected.
So even thoughts creating ideas about the nature of self and others in my understanding of balance in me over such matters doesn't see that place your mind is thinking. Emptiness in me of such thoughts and balance in my own liberation is simply being myself. When I can't see something in my comparison I know it's my own balance believing in my thoughts that there is no more to open to in self to go deeper into balance and understanding of myself and others. When I freed myself from comparisons in general I felt liberated from comparisons and thoughts believing otherwise. Plus empty space in all thoughts is the arising new seed of potential in that liberation. With balance as always moving in that too.

You don't lose what is important in liberation of self. Everything connects to you and your movements in that becoming. There is no selfless/selfishness in liberation, how can there be?

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder