View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 11:37 PM
Deactivated Account
Definitions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westleigh
In spirit
I would genuinely like to comment on your comment but the grim issue of semantics is coming up right from the start. Exactly what is your definition of "spirit"? And what are "individual souls" to you?
For me, "spirit" is anything that is NOT physical or even visible but exists in a kind of mental or conscious state yet even that does not encompass my current concept of "spirit". So, for me, the term "In spirit" means in NOTHING or No Thing yet fully conscious as is my late wife over in the Afterlife now.

Quote:
individual souls have a boundless expanse of choice and freedom which is a little difficult for us to comprehend.
I would say that my late wife is still an apparent individual soul or being, which is another apparent form of the ego and which is another apparent form of the Absolute or Source just as the Absolute is an apparent soul or individual in the form a me, jim. For me, all these apparent forms or appearances are the Infinite appearing as various things and conditions within and AS the Play of Life.

Quote:
First of all, individuality - or the apparent experience of individuality - is certainly possible in spirit just as it is on Earth
The Source or Absolute can and does appear in and as everything (and nothing) simultaneously. I can't explain it, though!

Quote:
We don't necessarily just merge with the Divine and exist in eternal bliss forevermore.
It's the other way 'round. The Infinite appears in and as US and might exist in/as eternal bliss forevermore but more likely just as this, just as it is, right here and now - blissful or not.

Quote:
We have unlimited choice.
The Infinite Reality, appearing as a 'we', has unlimited choices.

Quote:
In my experience with spirit interaction, usually people in spirit will project a form which they have worn on Earth, along with its matching personality attributes (certainly when communicating with human mediums, etc, those spirits appear to the medium in the appropriate form and personality for the communication).
My current experience of individuals who are now in the Afterlife is very much the same. They [my wife brother in law, grand father and mother] appear or I sense them as the very same person they were over here but they are much happier and wiser than when in this physical plane. I now get it that all of them, me and all of this is an Appearance in and of the All or Source.

Quote:
This explanation is still flawed
I do not currently see how to adequately "explain" the Infinite or Nothing that seems to appear as both Everything and Something (forms, conditions, souls, etc.) It's a mystery - a Divine Mystery, IMO.