View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 04:35 PM
Master
Door-pranking poltergeist?

Strange occurrences lately. There are three entrances to the main floor of our house. Usually, we use only one of these to go in and out of the house. All three are lockable, and we keep the two we hardly ever use locked.

In the last few days — and it’s winter here, so always one side or the other of the freezing point, outside — we’ve found the door we normally use ajar just an inch or two. That's happened maybe five times. My partner has complained to me that I neglected to close it so that it clicks completely shut when coming in. Then I mentioned to her (when she was last to come in through the door) that she’d been lax about closing the door properly.

But we weren’t thinking much about it, just a minor annoyance. And then yesterday evening (when trying to go outside) she noticed that the door was locked. Really strange, because we customarily leave that door unlocked, unless we’ll both be out of the house for more than just a few hours. You have to very deliberately lock it, and from the outside this must be done with a key. We discussed it a little, and both of us were certain we had not locked it.

So… Anybody here have experience with this sort of thing?