View Single Post
Old 20-07-2018, 11:24 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sattvicmonkey
Hi,

They say we come to planet earth to grow and learn lessons. And it's usually taken that suicide is counter-productive to that.

But what if the suicide itself was an intended lesson to learn?

People will tell you those who commit suicide are cowards (something I find insensitive) yet voluntarily going into the abyss of death could also be seen as quite a courageous thing.

I agree we should generally discourage people from it, and that it's a 'permanent solution to a temporary problem', but perhaps occassionally God actually wants it to happen and it is pre-determined?

I believe now we have free will. It's sad if some one checks out before their time but sometimes in the case of illness, mercy killing is a way out if we feel trapped. There are no negative repercussions for suicide. That's only what religion teaches us.

The purpose of our life is to experience life not death, but if we become sick or trapped in a sick body. Leaving it is preferable.

What could you learn from killing yourself? You might gain a better appreciation for your life once you see what you could have done with it during your life review.

sf