View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 06:01 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrologerbrian

The main sticky issue is whether or not I want to incorporate moderate use of marijuana or alcohol in my life or not.

I came time and time again to the idea that some marijuana and alcohol use was right for me and actually just part of who I was.

I would get messages I attributed to guides ...

However, most times I smoke or drink there seems to be unintended/negative consequences,...

And now today I'm hearing from what I assume is my guides that it's true to just be sober..

So I'm just questioning everything right now and sick of dealing with this. Tired of consulting my 'guides' for everything and not really getting straight answers half the time.

Seems like it's better to just decide on my own and let the chips fall where they may.

Wondering if anyone else has gone through anything else like this?

So sick of disillusionment at this point..

Don't attribute the voice that wants a drink or a hit to your guides. It would love that, but that voice isn't a guide.

There are no negative consequences to being substance-free. Not one. The statement you made about this is as telling as it gets. The negative consequences of drinking and getting high don't get better. Ever. And if there's a message from your guides anywhere - it's probably right here. Negative consequences - that's what is being pointed out to you.

Here's the thing - people who don't have issues with substance use or abuse don't wonder about whether or not they should stop. It doesn't occur to them.

That this subject is an issue - is clearly a big deal in your life for you and this doesn't seem to be about your guides at all. You already know what to do - whether you want to or not.

On top of this - the subject isn't going to go away for you. Once it arrives - it stays. You can push it down and away - but it'll pop back up again and again more forcefully each time until it is respected.

Best.