View Single Post
Old 30-06-2017, 04:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrologerbrian
I've been working with spirit guides since 2005 or so. At first called them angels but then after realizing I never actually noticed any particular difference with Archangel Michael or Metatron, etc. and reading about angels (or not) in one of Michael Newton's books I just started calling them spirit guides.

Lately however I've really been struggling with trusting my guides in particular with one issue, though more broadly just in general.

The main sticky issue is whether or not I want to incorporate moderate use of marijuana or alcohol in my life or not. I was at one point just being sober and thought I would eventually just stick to that for my life, assuming that is what my guides would suggest and healthy "spiritual" people do...
In general one does not need any 'substance' to allow access to their shadow side. It might just be part of your nature to use marijuana or other substance. Do it because it is you to do it, don't use the shadow side as an excuse/justification.

As to guides: they can not hold your hand the whole way to wholeness. At some point you need to walk on your own. Sometimes this means a harsh letting go and sometimes there is a more gentle transition. Guides can only say what they think from their perspective. Its YOU that creates your life (and then has to live it). Guides are only offering guidance, not affirming what you want to believe.