View Single Post
Old 16-12-2015, 11:49 PM
Deactivated Account

Can't digest carbs

I can't digest wheat, quinoa, gluten, amaranth, rice, potatoes, gluten free products, corn, beans, and nuts, and I can't have too many fruits and vegetables.

There is something wrong with my intestine that digests carbs, but the rest of my intestine and other organs that digest protein and fat works fine, in fact I can digest animal products, including dairy really well and really fast.

I can eat oats and sweet potatoes/yams, those 2 things don't seem to bother me. For some reason I can digest sushi rice just fine but only the stuff they make in the restaurant, I've tried making it at home and it kills me.

I just ate most of a pot of salmon stew hoping it would keep me full but I am hungry already. In the stew I added a bunch of carrots, half of a big yam, a full onion, 2 big salmon fillets, half a cup of butter and a few cups of milk with dill spice, salt and pepper. The yams and carrots do not fill me up like they should, and since I digest all meat and dairy really fast, that does not keep me full for long either.

I might try to make some dumplings out of oat flour and add them to the stew, but other than that I'm not sure what other carbs I can eat that will fill me up and not hurt me.

Anyone else have this problem or know what other kinds of carbs I could eat that will keep me full?