View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 05:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by emberfi
Gotcha,

Not really a Holy book I was going for,
My own personal ideas. I was excited about 2 things that I thought were fascinating. The first - I gave a glimpse of spiritual ascension to a professional counselor. He slowly replied "That's exactly what it says in the Vedas". Indian ancient texts.

Second - I Discovered how to ascend with the bible, thought people might want to know, because I have never read anything on what I had learned from it.

I decided to read an ebook on the Gnostic sect of Christianity by a Harvad graduate. All lectures on Gnostic creation myth and etc... while reading it gave an explanation on exactly what I had experienced, it blew me away!

That's why I now believe in the Gnosticism. It's exciting to say the least!

Our experiences are always looking for a match to make sense of them as being a "part of something" especially when they are our own personal experience and we don't understand, I remembered feeling very isolated in some of my rather weird and crazy ones...It can feel exciting and special of course, but in the end I realized that letting go of attaching my experience once I understood them, lead me into a more open pathway to experience so much more and that was exciting.

I like what your saying about ascending the bible, to actually meet it and open to experience yourself through it to know more for you, now that is exciting..

If you are happy with Gnosticism and it is working for you, that's great.I found this little piece and liked it enough to post it here..
Quote:
"They taught that the path to liberation lay in the attainment of Gnosis, the knowledge of sacred truths of the spiritual universe. They said that each human being is the inheritor of a divine spark, a bit of fire given by the hand of God"-http://www.essene.com/Gospels/GnosticAndSophia.html

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder