View Single Post
Old 29-09-2017, 11:40 AM
Master

Karma has nothing to do with any 'divine' interference, nor has it anything to do with 'goodness' or 'badness'. Karma is the word used to describe the procedures and processes of action or actions. It is a natural law. That's why a butterfly flapping its wings is said to be the cause of a storm somewhere in the world.

A star, being pulled into a Black Hole on the other side of the universe is a result of millions of actions taking place in millions of galaxies.

Karma is the result, at any given time, of all actions which have led to any specifically observed moment.

For instance my lives' karma has resulted in me (at this moment) sitting here writing this by the window and looking out onto trees, grass and shrubs starting to turn into their autumn colours. There is no other moment which I can call my karmatic moment, only this one - where I am conscious. Everything I have ever thought, said and done has resulted in this moment (and the next moment coming will be similar, unless someone shoots me or the roof caves in). If I want to make it better or worse I have to do something. If I go down to the supermarket and steal something I can expect to have troubles afterwards - maybe not immediately (unless I'm caught) but in the first instance I'd have (say) a bad conscience. To appease my bad conscience I'd be driven to do something to relieve the strain, there would be thousands of things I could do but whatever I do it will have a result.

It's a fallacy to think of karma as being a punishment it's simply that process of getting what you have earned. But as existence is a continuing process you can't know what you are getting and when.
In order to observe any conscious moment and connect it with karma you do of course have to believe in some sort of rebirth or other recurring dimesion in which your conscious condition can register its situation.

Those people who died when the Concorde crashed in Paris a couple of years ago weren't 'sinners' - they didn't at the behest of some divine force all buy tickets for that flight but they took part in a result of a badly maintained plane dropping a piece of metal onto the runway. Each of us can suffer because of another person or people, but in the end it all depends upon us all to do our bit for the common good. Then it reflects upon us all.

It's all your choice. From nothing comes nothing.