View Single Post
Old 26-08-2017, 09:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
It's no problem to me. Shrinks tend to work with social norms. That's how they decide what's crazy and not.
Once one tries to explore the individual (who may superficially act out social norms, maybe not) there's no benchmark so what's normal and not is beyond debate.

If i were walking around and a naked man throwing poop started to shout "I am God, this is my gift to you." I rightfully wouldn't think of him as having attained spiritual enlightenment.

The blindingly obvious would be that he was crazy - not an "individual" or "free" from societal chains & boundaries. Normal & not has a benchmark. It's not always for judgement it is potentially because we have seen where the behaviour often leads - to harm, self or otherwise.

You can go one way which is rigid & will not bend rules or another which doesn't accept rules.

This is why the yin yang symbol is genius because the white has a hint of black, the black has a hint of white.

A person that always follows never really develops their own character but a person that is always defiant will never be tolerant of others.

The crazy aspect of spiritual people to me is that they are lost souls - the lost panic if they can't get their bearings.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain