View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 09:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by danse macabre
Sorry for your loss.

As other posters have said, it could be chemical (endorphins).

But in another way, exercise can be a momentary distraction and diversion is always good. If you are able to channel your sadness/grief into a goal (like exercise), you will find this is an excellent way to not only move forward with your life, but also accomplish something amazing. And the very act of actually accomplishing something is incredibly rewarding.

Having said all this, you can't make exercise (or any other activity or goal) an escape. If you ignore your grief or bottle it up, it will eventually bubble up when you least expect it.

You need to acknowledge your grief and cry whenever you feel like it. If you want to spend an entire day in bed, then do it. There's a time and place for everything. Some days you need to focus on your grief, and other days you should be working towards something.

The key is balance.

Danse, the poster of this thread was over 16 months ago. Just wondered if your aware she is most likely not in that place now. Well she could be I suppose, anything is possible. But I thought perhaps you were not aware post are dated..

Good advice all the same.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder