View Single Post
Old 13-01-2017, 06:44 PM
Master
Hello again, Debrah -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
I understand too, what both of you are saying and suggesting, and even though those 'understandings' are my lifesaver, I too often feel like my 'emotional arms' have simply gotten too hard to hold onto the 'life preserver'.

I did read Michael Newtons books quite a while back. Isn't he the doctor who regressed his patients to the points between their lives? If I'm thinking of the right guy, I've often thought I would like to see him. I think that would be extremely interesting.

While I have all of the 'beliefs' about OBE's, NDE's, life between lives, reincarnation, etc., I haven't been so fortunate as to have an actual experience of those sorts to change belief into knowing. I think it's because my personality might not fare well if I did, so I wait for when I really do know.
Writing back and forth is such a clumsy means of communication compared to a verbal tête-à-tête whereby clarifications can be immediately asked for and made, but it is what’s on the menu, so let’s make the best of it:

I am reading your saying your emotional ‘arms’ have gotten ‘too hard’, etc. to mean that your ‘feelings’ in relation to the subject(s) being discussed have become so trauma-‘set’ as to be unmodifiable by realizations that ‘spirit’ is ever ongoing and (so) ultimately transcends all physio-emotionally based and (so) personally experienced pain, suffering, etc.

And that the ‘truths’ alluded to in sayings such as:

The material bodies which this Eternal, Indestructible, Immeasurable Spirit inhabits are all finite. Therefore fight, O Valiant Man!
He who thinks that the Spirit kills, and he who thinks of It as killed, are both ignorant. The Spirit kills not, nor is It killed.
It was not born; It will never die, nor once having been, can It cease to be. Unborn, Eternal, Ever-enduring, yet Most Ancient, the Spirit dies not when the body is dead.
He who knows the Spirit as Indestructible, Immortal, Unborn, Always-the-Same, how should he kill or cause to be killed?
As a man discards his threadbare robes and puts on new, so the Spirit throws off Its worn-out bodies and takes fresh ones.
Weapons cleave It not, fire burns It not, water drenches It not, and wind dries It not.
It is impenetrable; It can be neither drowned nor scorched nor dried. It is Eternal, All-pervading, Unchanging, Immovable and Most Ancient.
It is named the Unmanifest, the Unthinkable, the immutable. Wherefore, knowing the Spirit as such, thou hast no cause to grieve.
Even if thou thinkest of It as constantly being born, constantly dying, even then, O Mighty Man, thou still hast no cause to grieve.
For death is as sure for that which is born, as birth is for that which is dead. Therefore grieve not for what is inevitable.
” (The Bhagavad Gita), Ch.2)

… and:

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” (John, Ch.16)

even though you ‘believe’ them, just remain logical (i.e. mental) deductions, mere intellectual ‘knowledge’ which has no emotional valence as felt or experiential ‘knowledge’ and so doesn't/can’t serve as a ‘life buoy’ for you.

It is one thing to dryly ‘believe’ something and quite another to emotionally open one’s ‘self’ to actually experiencing its full truth-value. I would like to suggest (what I suspect may be the case, in your case) that there may possibly be a ‘blocking’ factor such as a past-experience-conditioned ‘attitude’ of personal unimportance, undeservingness or unreadiness on your part, which you have ‘rationalized’ and so ‘accepted’ as your truth: “I haven't been so fortunate as to have an actual experience of those sorts to change belief into knowing. I think it's because my personality might not fare well if I did, so I wait for when I really do know.

My guess is that such an attitude would have also hindered you from meditationally achieving and experientially immersing yourself in the state that Paul referenced as “the peace of God, which passeth all understanding” (Philippians, Ch. 4), which experiential immersion, if and as repeated at least, might have help loosen up the ‘arms’ you mention as having become 'too hard.'

So I think you may really need ‘outside’ assistance to help guide you out of the ‘hole’ you are in and free you to grow beyond the confines of the above-referenced blockages.

Hypnotic (past-life and between-life) regressions sessions, which you once contemplated but then didn’t follow up on, strike me as being an excellent, possibly life-saving, avenue – so I wish to lend my support to that idea. In one of my previous online conversations, whether in this forum or elsewhere, someone mentioned that Michael Newton had passed on, but there are a slew of therapists who trained with him, many in other countries than the U.S. You can get a listing from http://newtoninstitute.org . There is a Find a Therapist button on the bottom of that page.

I don’t know where you are presently living, but even if there are no LBL therapists there, my thought is that you should be able to find a reputable hypnotherapist who would a least enable you to experience the kind of ‘deep trance’ wherein you could/would experience the deeply peaceful, inherently relaxing and so therapeutic state referenced above. Do be sure to check out the references of any such hypnotherapist first, however.

I hope something in what I have written is of some service to you, Debrah. For what it may be worth, let me close by also saying that it is my personal felt-‘sense’ that you, dear one, have suffered enough!