View Single Post
Old 20-07-2014, 02:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Zack
I initially considered not listening to any more because I'd have to write things down, but I remember doing that for Eckhart Tolle as well, so I might as well continue despite having to pause the video. Better than not understanding any of it, right?

The site you linked says the emotion related to stomach problems is "Dread. Fear of the new. Inability to assimilate the new." which makes a lot of sense because I'm always scared of new things and dread the time I'll have to try them out, but I don't see how saying "Life agrees with me. I assimilate the new every moment of every day. All is well." will fix the problem. I think I'm stuck in needing a physical method as a treatment, as my mindset is "I'm sick now and I need to do something right now for it to go away."
That's probably not a good way to think, although affirmations have always been a conflicting tool for me. I get why it works because negative thoughts will cause negative physical responses all the time (I'm nauseous again right now, and I'm a negative person), but relying on thoughts alone doesn't click with me at the moment. Possibly due to a lack of belief, although that is also a negative thought pattern.

You might start out a little slower then. I think we are all here, at the basic basic of us all, to learn how to love ourselves, unconditionally. That's a tall order for most of us. Try this and see what I mean. Stare at yourself in the mirror in the morning when you go to brush your teeth and say " I love myself" as many times as you can stand. See if you can feel if you believe it or not. If you don't, and I certainly didn't - though that did surprise the heck out of me - do it anyway. During the day, remind yourself to say to yourself that you love yourself. Do it as much as you remember to, for one week.

And if, after one week, you still don't believe it, keep doing it until you do. Things will pop out at you, that tell you that of course you don't love yourself, because look at what you are saying to yourself, and you'll begin to see the things you are telling yourself. But do it anyway. Ignore that voice, and keep going.

You are worthy of your love. You are the only one you can teach yourself to love yourself, no one can do it for you, no one can love yourself for you. Now might be a good time to start. It will change how you feel about everything, but most especially yourself.

After you have told yourself you love yourself, you might tack on, I trust my body. I think the underlying statement you are telling your body is that you don't trust it. If you tell yourself you trust your body, whether you believe it or not at first, your body reacts to your thoughts and if you think it enough, it will respond, and after awhile you will believe it. Your body takes its cues from you, so give it some good ones for a change. You can trust your body.

You have 3 things that connect you. Your breath, which connects you to your body, your body, which connects you to the earth, and your inner being, which connects you to your soul.

When you breathe, try breathing in joy for a change. Joy is all around you. Tell yourself you are breathing in the joy all around you , and breathe it all the way down to your toes. Do this in the morning, and see if that doesn't feel better.

Connect your body to the earth. Do as Tobi suggests, go out in nature, be in nature, sit under a tree, under the canopy, and see if you can feel the trees love. Take your shoes off and plant your feet in the grass or the dirt and see if you can feel the earth's energy flowing up through your feet. It is always flowing through us, but you need to be connected to the earth to feel it for yourself.

The love part is for your inner being. When you start to love yourself, it will help you with that, you don't have to ask.

Ask your guides for help right before you go to sleep. You have them, and they love you unconditionally. If you ask for their help, they can help you, but sometimes we have to ask first.

Hope you feel better soon.