View Single Post
Old 27-06-2017, 09:57 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualNovice
Myfitnesspal says that I should start out eating 2700 calories. Do you think this is too much for someone as obese as me? Also can you give me some advice on what to do to lose all this weight naturally?

Stats: 24 years old, female, 5'7", sedentary, 490 pounds, high body fat %,
I was 295 pounds in February 2002. I dropped to 165 pounds by March 2003. After 14 years I am still 165 pounds.

The "secret": 3500 calories = 1 pound of fat

If your intake of calories (food + drinks) minus your spent calories (basal metabolism + any additional moving) equals -100 calories / day, then in 35 days you'll weigh 1 pound less than now. It is that simple!

Everyday I work out ~30 minutes, and walk (not jog) another ~30 minutes, and I found out that an intake of ~2300-2400 calories will keep my weight constant. When I lost the 130 lb in ~ 13 months, I was intaking ~1400 calories / day, working out as I still work out these days. If you work out in the morning you'll raise your basal metabolism for several hours, if you work out in the evening you lose that because your metabolism slows down when you go to sleep.

You have to also be sure that you have a balanced diet, and get enough vitamins from food and supplements (pills).

To not feel hungry: drink enough water (flat water, nothing with any kind of sugar, nor fruit juice, nor artificial sweeteners) about half a gallon a day, and eat every couple of hours equal amounts of calories (if you eat 8 times a day, and target 1600 calories / day, that amounts to ~200 calories every 2 hours, like 2 bread slices with nothing on the, or like a medium large apple).

Remember: it doesn't matter what calories you eat for your weight! But if you eat healthy, you'll also be healthier, not only slimer!

Once you get used to counting calories, it will become a second nature for you. Also, weigh yourself every day about the same time of the day, and keep writing down what and how many calories you ate and drunk, to track and compare. You'll see how faithfully your weight tracks your calorie intake and spending balance! Another note: if you eat saltier food your body holds water, up to 2-3 pounds just for having some cheese. If next days you'll eat less salt you'll eliminate that water.

The book that taught me all of these, and I still use for my daily workouts (only light workouts of ~10-15 minutes with weights, plus 15-20 minutes warm up and stretches) is Jorge Cruise's "8 Minutes in the Morning" (over the years he authored more books on the same subject, to make more money, but the best one is still his first "8 Minutes in the Morning").

Good luck!

Attachment 2475

Last edited by baro-san : 06-09-2017 at 04:30 PM.