View Single Post
Old 21-02-2018, 09:04 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
What if the sense of I am is just a side effect of the way our brain processes information?
Time exists only if we apply a pattern on top of our experience here and now. Imagining (now) what happened before and assumptions on what will happen next.

When we say we come from spirit. What does that mean.
Is Spirit another sense of I AM?
What are these lessons we keep inventing to make sense of our experiences?

Let it go(yes like the frozen song)

With Love
Eelco
Process information is what we do, really that's all Spirituality is. I am isn't a side effect it's the main cause, our consciousness is a two-way processing of information, filtered through and biased by what we think, what we feel, our agenda..... I have a perception of time because I look at my face in the mirror and see wrinkles, which I didn't have as a teenager. And it takes me all week to do what I used to do all night. I've been told that reality is like the single frames of a movie passing by our eyes so fast we see seamless motion, well if that's how it is then fine but I can't experience it.

Spirit is another aspect of my multi-dimensional Self, the relationships of which I'm still figuring out but t the same time I know I don't have the faculties to understand anyway. It doesn't stop me trying, that is my Spirit. There is an immense sense of freedom, of liberation that underpins everything, there's no harm in smelling the flowers on the way past.