View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 07:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Hi.

Please do not mind me here too much folks as I really know not much of Buddhism, I am just dropping in to say hi and add a thought or two here and perhaps ask a question if no one minds.

Particularly I find this discussion here between members willing to learn and participate and yes disagree respectfully truly inspiring, and if anything did come of this thread at all, to me it really is evident that something great has come of it, and it is this here, a discussion of Buddhism where there appears a contradiction- I say not that it actually is- where members are able to communicate openly, and perhaps disagree and retain (in all hopefulness) a high level of dignified and respectful speech and behavior.

Those are my thoughts on discussion in within the context of the quoted messages.

In honesty my true thoughts on the way in which this thread was originally posted is that it is entirely disrespectful, and without too much speculation on the thread starters intent, yes I do think the behavior was intentional.

As for my particular questions. Gem could you please if you have the time inform myself of the meaning of the word volitional? I have come across it in, a work entitled shobogenzo, and can not fathom the idea as per my non understanding of this word.

Also could you if you have time and are rested only, explain how the entity goes through the process of rebirth yet is not eternal? Perhaps I have missed it. I mean no disrespect here, I simply wish to understand better, where I feel currently I can not.

Thank you all for listening.

' explain how the entity goes through the process of rebirth yet is not eternal? '

All conditioned things are impermanent.

All that arises will eventually cease
All that is created will eventually be destroyed
All that is compounded will eventually undergo dissolution
All that is formed will eventually undergo breakup of that formation.