View Single Post
Old 18-07-2017, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
Could earthly life be an incubated dream of the soul?

This would explain why we don't recall our past lives, and our between-lives selves. It's the same as during our human dreams we aren't aware, usually, that we are dreaming.

Maybe souls incubate dreams for the purpose of experiencing something. It's the same with humans incubating dreams to solve problems, or for entertainment.

Karmic lessons could be homework or tests given to our souls by their teachers.

Maybe we die when our souls wake up, and our lives as humans mean to them what dreams mean for us.

Could this be the true meaning behind "life is a dream"?
My opinion is that yes, this is what is happening. Maybe some sort of collective dream but a dream none the less that our soul wakes up from with relief sometimes that it was just a dream if we have had a difficult life. My personal opinion is that everything in life we see is symbolic clues to what is going on and what we need to know to understand ourselves. If our human self dreams to solve problems and issues it says to me our soul does the same. If life is a temporary illusion it seems to me to be symbolic of some sort of dream state. But it has to feel real, like a dream feels real, for it to have an emotional impact on us. Or it would be just like any other story we have no vested interest in.