View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Master
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmic Fox
there are over a hundred alternatives to grounding your root chakra. Physical activity, wearing red, apples, meditation, to name a few.

Did you even bother reading the information sources cited above? (regarding abundance of interesting factual information about human's actual vegan nature and why eating meat is far from ideal

Quote:
1. See red. Seriously—envisioning the color red glowing brightly at the base of the spine, where this chakra is located, is the beginning of root chakra cleansing and balancing. Start with the simple meditation of imaging a bright red light at the base of your tailbone. Picture this red light extending down your legs and feet, grounding you to the earth. Use anything that is the color red to help balance this chakra. Since stones are frequently used for healing, this could be a red crystal, such as garnet or ruby. It could be wearing something with red in it. It can be also imagining the color red in the chakra itself.

2. Dance. I don’t care if you “can’t dance.” Close the door and move your body. This is one of the best ways to balance this chakra. Even better—turn on music and sing along, as singing cleanses your throat chakra for an added bonus.

3. Get on your yoga mat. Many yoga postures are designed to cleanse this chakra. My favorite is tree pose. You can use your ‘seeing red’ visualization as you firmly plant your entire left foot onto your mat and bring your right foot up into tree pose. Keep your hip points squarely ahead and your toes tucked in as you place your foot anywhere on your leg besides your knee. Be creative and make your tree pose your own. Place your right leg into half lotus or engage your core and reach your arms overhead, keeping the base of your neck soft and your elbows straight as you rotate the pinky side of your hands in to engage your triceps. Most importantly, feel supported and connected to the earth as you hold your tree pose for 5 to 8 breaths before switching sides.

4. Take a shower. This is such a wonderful root chakra cleanser. We are physical animals in addition to being intelligent, thoughtful human beings. Embrace and love your physicality by being completely present as you bathe. Mindfully moving is a powerful form of meditation.

5. Zen out on a walk. Take this idea of mindfully moving on your walk with you. Concentrate on your foot leaving the ground and connecting to the earth again with each step. You’ll give your mind a break and cleanse your root chakra at the same time.

6. Get a pedicure. I had to throw this one in. My grandfather had a friend that was known for saying, “you can always tell how well a person takes care of themselves by how they take care of their feet.” This might be a little bit of an exaggeration, but loving your feet and taking the time to pamper your physical body are great ways to also care for your root chakra energy.

7. Carrying a piece of black hematite.

8. On a daily basis or even more frequently on the days you need it, you can do this quick and free exercise to ground yourself. Sit up straight, with your feet flat on the ground. Take a few deep breaths and begin to imagine that you have roots growing from your feet and that you have a beautiful tail growing from your root chakra. They should all be about the size of a dinner plate. Imagine that the roots and tail join together and become one root or whatever receptacle you imagine. (Could be flower vines, magic wand, etc.). This root travels to the very core of Mother Earth and even circles it. Now, just inhale and let Mother Earth’s energy come back to you through those roots. Speaking of roots, another favorite way to ground is to stand next to or even hug trees. You will feel the negative energy leaving your body and you just connect with Mother Earth. Standing outside barefoot is another excellent way to ground.

9. Use essential oils such as Valor, Ylang Ylang, Sandalwood, Cypress or Frankincense.

10. Murder something (or have someone else murder it for you) and eat it.

well.. *shrug* if 1-9 and all the other wonderful healthy ways to ground yourself don't work I guess 10 is always an option but I'd just as soon spruce up the ol' sacral chakra of creativity to figure out another way