Thread: Dead Butterfly
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 01:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepus
Hello

Is there a symbolic meaning of a dead butterfly? I just found one in my backyard with tattered wings. For a second, I thought the butterfly was alive but then I realized it wasn't moving so I picked it up with some pliers and gently placed it inside a jar. The coloration is between orange and blue with black lines on the edge with white spots. Sorta like a monarch butterfly minus the blue.

Lepus

What was the context of which you had found it? What were you thinking, feeling, and, doing before you found the butterfly?

I am asking because some occurrences in our waking world are not actually signs, but rather everyday natural occurrences.

A sign or omen will usually come to our attention in a way that is not exactly natural, and in a way which is evident- that something is trying to get our attention.

For instance if I had gone out to my back yard, and on my way was contemplating the meaning of the death tarot card, thinking but it doesn't always mean that, sometimes often it means transformation and change. I am thinking this while I walk to the back yard. Suddenly then a butterfly flies right past me ahead, flutters around in the air, flutters and flies right back past me behind me, I turn to look and it falls, and dies.

My inner intuition kicks in, my mind thinks, why did that butterfly just die? What does that mean? My mind asks me "What were you just thinking about". I am trying to remember and can't and a thought comes "Think, what were you just saying to yourself"?

I remember I was thinking about the death card and again a thought comes and it says "It is what it is". In my own voice now a thought comes to me saying "Well. Sometimes death actually just means death"....

Then I have a moment of loss and grief.

That is how a sign feels to me, moments where something gets my attention, and has a deeper meaning beyond the scope of my daily existence and self. Things that show up in my life that mean something very profound.

As far as the symbolic meaning of a dead butterfly. It means what YOU think it means Lepus. You were there.

Was it a natural occurrence, of a butterfly dying? Or was it a sign in which symbolically had a meaning?

Only you know what this means, if anything.

What does your heart tell you?

There is no general symbolic living or dead butterfly meanings out there in a book, on the web, or in a dream interpretation Lepus.

Your life, and the things that happen in it, have the meanings that you give to them.

Your perspective is what you make it.

A dead butterfly means something different to you in the course of your lifetime, than it means to me in the course of my own.

We both are human, but perceive things differently.

You could look it up on google and hope to find symbolic meaning for it if someone has it written out there.

But, personally may I ask, why would you take what anyone else writes about the meaning of something, whatever it is, and then decide that must be the meaning of it, because someone else says it is? Like with gemstones for example- why should a written description of hematite written by someone on the Internet be any better than my own feelings for it and descriptions of it?

Lepus your own thoughts and feelings about this count.

Personally I don't know if there is a symbolic meaning for a dead butterfly written already out there or not, but in my personal way of living my personal walking life, if I was the one looking for this, if I bothered to read the general interpretation, I most likely wouldn't make that interpretation my own.

What were you thinking, or feeling before finding it? And after?

What you make of your life, is yours alone.

You decide the way you view things, whether negative, positive, or neither, or both.

Many blessings to you along your journey.