View Single Post
Old 18-12-2010, 08:10 PM
EternallyHurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
You may be thinking of the Roman Catholic theological point that because stillborn/neonatal death children could not be baptised before they died, they couldn't then enter the kingdom of god.

That came about because there had to be an alternative place to 'go' which would cover the state of being unable to have one's state of 'original sin', with which we all enter this world, being forgiven through baptism.

It couldn't happen for children who had never lived long enough for it to happen. The alleged consequence was that they were said to be in an eternal state of 'limbo'. Lost to all.

That's as close as this Modern Spiritualist can get you to a definition - my heart could break for the poor parents of children snatched away and disposed of without proper burial in consecrated ground as a consequence of the priests and theologians who developed this heartless theological argument.

Limbo has no spiritual significance and it's wholly man-made and inhumane.

Very interesting ... thank you for your response Sorry to bombard with another question, but I must keep asking these questions in order to get an understanding of something that happened to me ... is it possible for spirits to "roam" after they die as opposed to going directly to Heaven or Hell or any other place of that nature ?