View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 03:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
You are our forum sister. What will we do without you !

I am glad that you are progressing and becoming more sattvic and equanimous.

Talking about pictures, here is a picture of Shivaling as taught by the female teacher led Prajapita Brahmakumaris.

They consider Shiva to be a point of bright light and incorporeal, and the same as Jehovah or Allah or Ahura Mazda.

I think it is similar to the bright light over your head taken in a superb photograph which you mentioned earlier. Could there be a link !
Namaste.

That's a very nice picture of the Jyotirlingam. <3

It reminds me of the story when Lord Brahma and Lord Vishnu were arguing about who was the 'first' to arrive on the cosmic scene, and of course they called in Lord Shiva to arbitrate and settle that argument, as it were.

Lord Shiva assumed His own Cosmic form...an endless pillar of Light and tasked both Lord Brahma and Lord Vishnu to find the 'end' of it and whomever could do so would be seen as 'winning the argument' - way to go, Lord Shiv!

Of course, they could not find the limits of eternity and infinity...Lord Vishnu was honest about not being able to locate the limits of Lord Shiva's omnipresence...Lord Brahma arrogantly lied and in due course lost one of his 5 heads to Kala Bhairava - I mean, there couldn't be two Hindu deities with 5 heads - Sadashiva (for each syllable of the Panchakshara Mantra) and Lord Brahma (for each of the 5 bodily sheaths that mankind has) and of course, Lord Brahma used to boast about being 'equal' to Sadashiva in regards to having 5 heads, so an avatar of Shiva had to put that one right.

The other day, I also thought about the question of Lord Shiva being the 'destroyer' and the 'God of Death' and I recalled the lovely tale of Markandeya and wrote about that and also about Lord Yama's (the true 'God of Death') conversation with Nachiketas from the Katha Upanishad...I wrote a whole page/thesis on Markandeya and Nachiketas...but unfortunately, it's at home on my laptop and I'm at the library (where I don't have to pay to go online).

What I will do, is over the next few days, I'll either write out my thesis on paper, or put it on a USB stick and post it here, in this thread...and of course I'm still working on the quantum sephirothic values of the Sri Chakra/Yantra in the 11th Dimension using Bindu as point of reference...but I'm just doing that for fun. =)

It's about time I got serious regarding what I know and stop mucking around. *watch this space*

Aum Namah Shivaya