View Single Post
Old 25-01-2018, 06:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi

I also have to thank Ajay:

That has really touched me and I thank you for making me see this.

Aum Namah Shivaya

You are our forum sister. What will we do without you !

I am glad that you are progressing and becoming more sattvic and equanimous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Namaste, Shivatar.

1. I am going on Google Images, looking at beautiful pictures and artists impressions of Lord Shiva, Maha Rudra, Rishabh Dev, Kala Bhairava and Veerbhadra Avatars, as well as panoramas of Mount Kailash, Narmada River, Prambanan and Tanah Lot temples, beautiful Nepalese landscapes and everything that arouses deep love and beautiful emotions within my heart...then I go to the library, blow them all up to A4 size on photo quality paper, have them all laminated and stick them all over the walls of my bedroom and living areas....like everywhere!

2. I have been listening (almost non-stop) to the Shiva Chalisa, the Dakshinamurthy Stotram, the Sri Rudram and Purusha Shuktam and I'm chanting the Shiva Panchakshara Stotram all the time. The last shlok of that Stotram has become my latest mantra:

Yaksha swaroopaya jatadharaya,
Pinaka hasthaaya sanathanaya,
Divyaya devaaya digambaraya,
Tasmai yakaraya namashivaya.

My salutations to the letter “Ya” , which is Shiva,
Who takes the form of Yaksha,
Who has a tufted hair,
Who is armed with spear,
Who is forever filled with peace,
Who is godly,
Who is the greatest God,
And who wears the directions themselves as dress.

I have a picture of Lord Shiva on my bedside table. He is the last thing I see before I close my eyes to sleep and the first thing I see when I wake up in the morning.

3. Before I eat or drink, I thank Lord Shiva for providing the means and I'm getting into much more ritual lately...dancing, yoga, worship and meditation either guided or not and I dedicate it all to my Lord. I'm reading a few books right now; "The Spontaneous Healing of Belief: Shattering the Paradigm of False Limits" by Gregg Braden, "Shakta and Shakti" by Arthur Avalon and the "Magician Of The Gods" by Graham Hancock as well as studying the Emerald Tablets of Thoth and the complete history of Sanat Kumara and the Annunaki.

4. I also go on to Google Images and get Lord Shiva colouring pages (black and white) and I get out my colour pencils and gel pens and colour them all in...I have a folder full of Hindu/Shiva colouring pages which I have completed over the years and I also do 'Likita Japa', which is filling exercise books with writing "Om Namah Shivaya" in Sanskrit/Devanagari over and over.

5. I often close my eyes and picture Lord Shiva in my third-eye area, like watching Him dancing the Thandav in a movie and I pray that he comes to me...that He will show me how much He loves me...and two nights ago, I was watching a DVD called "The Secrets of Love" with Catherine Oxenberg and Casper Van Dien...and as soon as Marianne Williamson came on it and explained what Agape (God Love) felt like, I just totally lost it and collapsed in a pool of tears...because I can fully relate because I know what that feels like and all I've been walking around in Shiva-bliss ever since then, because I let go and surrendered...I let Him in/let myself feel it...whatever the case is there.

So, this is what I have been doing and continue to do since giving myself a break from the internet and deciding to focus more on Lord Shiva and what I feel for Him...expressing it in all the ways and through all my senses, so I can transcend them all again into Savikalpa Samadhi. This is what I have been doing off the internet, but I'm just visiting here while I photocopy Shiva pictures to hang on my walls (I bought another statue of Nataraja yesterday...that makes three!). lol

Talking about pictures, here is a picture of Shivaling as taught by the female teacher led Prajapita Brahmakumaris.

They consider Shiva to be a point of bright light and incorporeal, and the same as Jehovah or Allah or Ahura Mazda.

I think it is similar to the bright light over your head taken in a superb photograph which you mentioned earlier. Could there be a link !

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon