View Single Post
Old 27-03-2017, 08:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloha
Your statements here are far from buddhist orthodoxy, brother. Of course, in buddhism orthodoxy is one of the five fetters. You may recall, the buddha named his only son "Fetter."

I'm sure what I say is within Buddhist philosophical tenets, but of course some schools refute other schools and they have various traditioal orthodoxies.

Quote:
Perhaps you draw un unstated distinction between "psycho-emotional healing" and spiritual healing. Healing is one of the primary metaphors for buddhist practice; "salvation" is the goal. This goal is not merely to "keep on an even keel," either. We want to sail the boat, however the keel, to the other shore. The goal is complete freedom, the buddhahood of the lion's roar.

Indeed I make no distinction between psycholgolical/emotional healing ad spiritual healing. Yep, liberation is the goal.

Quote:
I don't think we are sick, necessarily, just because we are not yet enlightened. I think we mature into buddhas, as the fruit of a process of development. Enlightenment, being beyond time, may be said to be instantaneous... but it can seem to be a long time coming. Sometimes it flickers... sometimes it is right here now, but unavailable to 'ordinary consciousness.'

It is here right now because you are here right now - but the 'purification', as I call it, is more like a timely process.

Quote:
"Those who speak do not know; those who know do not speak." This means that ordinary verbal consciousness, the kind that may be communicated between or among being(s), cannot experience enlightenment, which is non-dualistic.

We come to buddhism humbly, seeking healing, and we find so much more, liberation. We seek to save our lives, and instead lose them.

aloha