Thread: Heartbroken
View Single Post
Old 19-06-2014, 07:22 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrosie500
Lost my business, Partner, lot of debt incurred, possibly my house (not sure as yet, holding on " tooth and nail" so to speak?) had to go on state benefits for the first time in my life, Health problems?

I'm sorry to hear this. Sincerely, I've seen this happen to people close to me, and some of it has happened to me too, so I understand some of the hard time you're having.

I can't predict the future, but I know that health problems are certainly an inevitable effect of all the other stuff, and quite possible, vicious circle, health problems would contribute to all these problems by sapping your energy.

I hope you don't mind me offering an opinion, and remembering that what is right for one may not be right for another, but I think this is all the more reason to stand firm against your chap. You have enough on your plate and need to 'tighten your budget' of energy, i.e. prioritise not only your money and time, but your mental energy too. I'm sure you know this if you are normally focused as you say you are.

When you say you might be losing your house, I presume you mean you are struggling (or failing) to keep up mortgage repayments and face repossession? I'm sure you've had proper advice, but if you haven't, please get some asap. I believe that when its the family home and kids are involved, you have to fall 12 months in arrears before the courts will consider issuing a repossession order. Again, please, please get proper advice, but I believe that if you can show that you tried to reach an agreement with the mortgage lender, it will go in your favour when the court is deciding whether or not to grant the repossession order. Also, not sure if this is still the case, but a few years ago it was the case that if you found yourself on benefits, you could claim to have the mortgage interest paid directly. This combined with a chat with the lender to negotiate temporary terms could stave off the repo proceedings.

If its any reassurance, kids are pretty resilient little things. Sometimes I think we, as parents, worry more than we need to. What's most important to your son is that YOU are ok and with him. No matter what happens, you must give priority to yourself. If you have to let some material stuff go because hanging on is literally tearing you apart, then let it go. Chances are you can negotiate a temporary break from your mortgage commitments and save your house, but even if you can't, while it would result in short term upheaval and upset, you and your son will not be separated and you'll get through it as long as you look after yourself first (and your son of course).

Sorry I can't offer more info than I'm sure you already know. I'm wishing for a bit of luck for you. Oh, and no matter happens, you're never on your own.