View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 12:18 PM
Experiencer
One can't rid it's self of that which in reality doesn't exist.

The desire to rid oneself of its ego serves to reinforce it, who is getting rid of what?

One who states they've rid them self of the ego; is it proud of this illusion? And who/what is it that knows when their ego dies?-"Their" =duality how many of you is there?

The problem is language i.e. my ego, my mind, my consciousness, my self, my life etc. Where is this "my" that is separate from ego, mind, consciousness, self, life?

You don't have life, you are life.
You don't have consciousness, you are consciousness.
You don't have self, you are Self.
The dualistic part of "my" having/possessing is what the word ego points too, when duality is seen through then Ones sees that it was an illusion which played its role perfectly in the grand drama.

Just as the desire to be saved is in itself selfish, so is the desire to rid oneself of the ego, as this, desire is ego; desiring/wanting/needing/longing/begging- to rid itself of itself is it not?

See/observe/look whence desire arises from, that's all that's needed.

Shall the sun use the light of the moon to find the source of light?
Shall the mind use the mind to rid itself of the mind?

There is not a feeler of feelings, there is feeling.
There is not a seer of sight, there is sight.
There is not a hearer of hearing, there is hearing.
There is not a taster of tastes, there is taste.
There is not an awareness of awareness, there is awareness.
There is not a noticer of noticing, there is noticing.

Now, once "neti neti" is apperceived, "its" finished, One is..........now go joyfully (full of joy) and play your part in the grand game of life.

The above is of course how I perceive it, and I may in fact be mistaken, but who could know absolutely? LOL