View Single Post
Old 31-08-2016, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator
Dear PennyLane,
My condolences to you after the passing of your Dad (and your mother years ago)

It sounds quite likely your Dad is somehow connecting with you. But dreams can be a bit mixed up sometimes, so some of the dream-data may be from your mind, and some of it may be your Dad trying to get through. Sometimes a dream is a hotch-potch, and sometimes it's very clear. The fact that it's recurring, and the theme is you are aware your Dad is not 'dead' and that he is there secretly for you and your family to love -is so true. It may be that is what he's trying to show you.
Send him your love, just find time to talk to him (quietly or out loud), tell him anything you wish to, because he still loves you.

I also had a couple of dreams after a loved one passed, that their treatment was somehow on-going....and I was meant to fix up this IV for them, to give them treatment, and they were supposed to have fallen asleep, like an anesthetic. But they were alive, well, happy, and the "IV" wasn't working. I kept saying "You're supposed to be sleeping!" But we both laughed because it wasn't working and I gave up on it and we just shared some happy moments fully awake instead, and laughed at the whole thing. Through it all, I was aware that they were not alseep and it didn't matter, and they were certainly not 'dead' either, and being 'dead' didn't seem to matter much.
I recognised that as a sort of hybrid dream....part of me was immersed in the past -their treatment, their illness, etc. But beyond that was the distinct awareness that they had no more need of all that stuff! I know it was also a contact from them about their on-going life, as well as a 'memory-type' dream which was concerned with the imprint their illness had left on my thinking.