View Single Post
Old 29-08-2016, 05:41 PM
Knower
Hi PennyLane, first of all my heartfelt condolences...

I have these type of vivid dreams too, where I see people who have passed (or about to pass), but in my dream they are very much alive and especially vibrant. Just like they were in the prime of their life. I have come to understand these dreams as their soul visiting me while I am asleep. They are always very happy, and look like they did when they were fine (not sick).

An example: I had a dear friend who lived very far away. She was a lot older than me and at some point she started developing some sort of dementia. It was impossible for us to talk on the phone anymore (she would ask me the same questions five times in ten minutes), and I was physically unable to go see her, as I am in very poor health. I sent her a few postcards, but she never answered, so I figured she was too unwell.

Shortly after our last conversation I started having a recurring dream about her. In the dream I'd go visit her, but she was always very confused, couldn't find the way to her own house, etc. One time (awake), as I was wondering how she was doing, but knew I couldn't contact her, I looked up her phone number in the phone book. It was there, so I knew at least the house hadn't been sold or anything.

After about a year of these dreams, I had one dream where my mom told me to come with her. She drove me somewhere, we ended up in front of a house. I knew it was in the city my friend lived in, but it was definitely not her house. We went in, and all my friend's relatives were there (supposedly - I don't know them). It turned out it was a house where people went to die - there were others dieing too. I saw her, she looked so very different, almost didn't recognize her. She hugged me and said goodbye. I was there for a short while, and during that I saw her withering away. I never wake up at night but this dream woke me up. After that dream I knew she either had passed or was passing away and had come to say goodbye.

Then a few weeks after that I had another dream where she was with me in my own house. She looked so great. She was just like I remembered her, laughing, joking like we always used to do. No sign of dementia. And she said: look me up online! Just look me up. So I did. Her phone number was gone. So that's when I knew she was really gone and she came to tell me that.

I love these dreams. It's a way to connect to your loved ones who have passed. When you are asleep your consciousness is more susceptible to these things. When we're awake we tend to say 'no, it's impossible that I'm seeing my loved one cause I know for sure they're gone'. But they're never gone. They are always with you.

I am not surprised about the doctor dream you're talking about, PennyLane. People who die of aggressive illnesses are usually not ready to die, cause they didn't get enough time to really understand what was happening. They can't believe they are gone. They were not ready to leave, so I'm not surprised your dad wants to see another doctor in your dream, like he wants to still fix things, you know? I think it's beautiful that you dream about him so much. It means he wants to stay connected to you. That is so precious. Maybe next time you dream about a doctor's visit or that you have him 'hidden' in the house, you could tell him it's all ok. That you know he is with you and that you're very happy that he is still visiting. Maybe that will give him peace?