View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 01:35 PM
Knower
Quote:
The greatest gift a human being can receive is love and instruction from a guru / Avatar, the greatest gift a student can give is to seek out and listen and follow the guidance given.

True.

I think the experience of being in the prescence of an enlightened being and watch them in action is the best way to REALLY understand what a true Guru is, in a way that is somewhat more substantial then just reading about them.

I think Ammachi being perhaps the most assessible saint today for such a "study".
(Amma is not my Guru, even if I have met her a few times).

Amma is generally celebrated worldwide for her miraculous love energy expressed 24 hours around the clock, year after year.

Often she is holding huge crowded meetings in big cities where 10000th's of people are hugged by
her, sometimes for as long as 24 hours in a row. Try that anyone !

Most of us would sustain such
feats for 10 minutes holding a constant loving energy field.

Watch some videos from this seeing her having long rows of people coming up to her. It's fascinating.
Often she simultaneusly have Three rows of qeus streaming forth to her. Where she can simultaneously
give mantra intitiations, answer questions and generally holding hugging all these thousands of people.
She have a phenomenal memory and do not forget questions or issues from people, sometimes years ago.
This is reported and is generally moving people to tears when the recognise that she does really remember
issues on personal levels for many people asking questions year later and remembers.

Watch this video and imagine doing this almost everyday. For sometimes whole day and night. With little sleep and in same seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UqoMUowj7k

Meeting Amma can be a strong experience. I remember last time I saw her.
I was a bit shameful, because it is my firm belief that she knows all about you. Testimonies have showed that it is almost impossible to hide anything for her. Being part of universal consciousness as Vidya.
Then meeting her and recieving the look in her eyes being one of ecstatic unbounded total love, as one was her only child.
Total acceptance. That is life transforming.

It increases the faith in the Guru principle. That it is possible to be enlightened while being in a body.

All Guru's have not the public role Amma have of course. She is there for public display. My own thoughts about it is that as she is considered being an Avatar, she have a role to play in the lords Lila (play) now when Dharma is faultering worldwide.

Recently my wife told me that the princess of Norway had Amma as her Guru, having traveled to her Kerala ashram.
Celebrities like Jim Carrey and Russel Brand is endorsing her.

Well, that was a lot about Amma......
But as said, she can be an interesting study in order to understand more about the Gurutattwa (the cosmic Guruprinciple)