View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 07:38 PM
Experiencer

Well what exactly do you find unreasonable about the points they bring up? There are multiple sides to every story. Not to start a debate or anything, I just feel the need to give you some food for thought. Might not be vegan food though.

I am a meat eater. Specifically, my diet consists mostly of meat, dairy, nuts, fruit, tubers, and warm spices. Humans didn't evolve over 2 million years to be vegetarian or vegan.

We're animals and part of the food chain just like every other animal. You eat vegan because you feel compassion for animals, right? Is it wrong for a lion to eat meat too because the gazelle suffers? Or is it worse for the lion to suffer malnutrition on a grain-and-bean diet? I've never met a healthy vegetarian.

They say they feel good, but they look pale and weak. Your bodies react with sickness to foods outside your regular diet, not adapting to diverse or more readily available food. I prefer to eat organic and foraged but at least processed food doesn't make me sick.

The modern "paleo" diet is wrong too. Just like veganism, it restricts the diet too much. So much meat and not enough wild plants. Everyone in the food chaim, humans included, are in a symbiotic relationship with every other creature. An animal's dietary needs change with age, sex, moon phase, season....Everybody gets eaten by something.

That's the beauty of God, the beauty of birth and death, the cycles of nature. Every creature is both predator and prey. The lion eats the gazelle, the gazelle eats the grass, the grass "eat" the nutrients in the dirt, and the dirt is made by bacteria who eat all the waste. It's okay to be eaten.

Sure getting killed and eaten hurts an animal, but so does dying in every other way. Death is necessary for new birth. Energy and matter of every creature must be transformed, making room and providing the building blocks for new life. That is the beauty of a balanced self-sustaining ecosystem.

I'm an animal lover. One of those people who get really defiant if you say plants and other animals aren't people. But I'm morally okay with eating almost any creature. I do disagree with modern livestock farming, as well as any agriculture besides small homesteads. More of a hunter-gatherer type.

For most of human history, there were less of us and more other organisms. The food that grew wild was enough to sustain us. We would eat what we need, be eaten by something else, and thus give back to the Earth. Now there are too many of us and we only take without giving.

No modern lifestyle is free of cruelty to our fellow creatures. :(