View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 12:54 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
It is more than possible that we really only do know the absolute minimum. Just enough to get us through the day. This possibility doesn't however mean that searching for answers is pointless, at some time in the future something has to 'give' and we'll have a better idea if we are a little prepared to comprehend easier just how we came to be here. There is no doubt in my mind that this will one day be achieved.
Personally I am not of the opinion that we are here to 'learn', this seems to me to be a weak reason for the development of mankind. Weak because it is something which could be rectified in a second by any creator thus avoiding all calamities and suffering, all of which serve no purpose in a universe which is supposedly one created by a loving god.
Actually my own experience indicates to me that we do already know everything there is to know, this being reflected in the world by the thing we call development/evolution and so on - other words can be used here.
For me there are only two states of being, one we know as the physical and the other we know as the mental. These are present at all times and in all places at all times. They are obvious. We don't have to kid ourselves that there is something supernatural lurking about in the undergrowth. That mental world in which our thoughts, ideas, talents, discoveries, pleasures, preferences… is the basis for the universe.

What fascinates me personally is the billions, trillions of years (as we understand time) which passed before the BigBang happened. What a waste???

The answer you are seeking you'll have to find out for yourself. There are 8 billion of us on this planet and each of us is right in what he or she believes. So don't go looking for wise men or wisdom, you'll never find it outside yourself.

Nobody knows.

I agree it may be the answers can be found within oneself however, wise men and women (such as yourself) can certainly assist with finding or moving towards finding the answers.