View Single Post
Old 26-05-2019, 10:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Can we not do both. Although, some don't go with the flow, they fight against it.

From my own personal experience, when you jump into the "river of life", you really become part of the stream of life and you start moving in circle, your mental and spiritual development slows down because you are subject of all the things one can experience in life, pain, love, happiness, confusion, sadness and so on.In other words, life keeps you away from the "real thing", it's like watching a movie and totally forgeting about your daily life, you are absorbed by that movie.When you get into the place of the observer, it's like watching a movie without being absorbed by it, you know it's just a movie and thus you can see the bigger picture.If you go against the flow it means that you are already in the "river of life", so going against it, it's not a wise decision.It's like watching a movie that you really like, a movie that makes you to feel part of that movie but you try hard to see that it's just a movie, it does not work, the whole experience of watching the movie fails.

I am tired to be in the river of life and also I am tired to try to go against the flow, telling myself that reality is just an ilussion, it does not work, I have one last option, I have to take the place of the observer, but this is very hard, that inner voice that we all hear talking non-stop, barely stops.. This is where meditation comes into play.