View Single Post
Old 13-09-2017, 02:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
a case of nature verses nurture. nurture wins over nature with behavioral gene patterns. at least that is what i was told. and will be finding out as my twins become adults.

I think there is much more truth to this than we realise, for all but the most marginal cases of severe genetic aberrance, malformation, or maladaption.

It applies to the 99+%. We so often feature the <1% cases because they are so extreme, so maladapted, so amoral, so violent, and so difficult to successfully rehabilitate. But for the 99%, it is nearly always the case that a context of love, acceptance, peaceful engagement and resolution, good diet and health, and good life skills generally can mediate almost any genetic tendency. Just day-to-day, continuing over the course of a lifetime.

Hence the power of what we refer to as spirituality, alongside a healthy, equitable, engaged community and society, and a sustainable, balanced, and affirming culture.

Where we still need to improve about 100% as a species is in becoming better educated regarding the needs of those folks whose burdens are much more severe and who do require aids, supports, and structures (including due to genetic predispositions, whether mental, emotional/spiritual, or physical) to approach parity and equity with the rest of us whose burdens are more universal and/or less severe. With appropriate social will and supports given, we can better assist many more to more fully self-actualise and thus better attain the fullness of their humanity.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke

Last edited by 7luminaries : 13-09-2017 at 03:55 PM.