View Single Post
Old 28-09-2006, 07:03 PM
~Jay~

Hi Al,

I've only just started to look into the power of the moon myself recently, so don't know an awful lot more about it other than what I posted above. I have just read the following whilst doing a quick google search:

Full Moon Meditations – Emotional energy is very high during the three days of the full moon. Having a guided imagery meditation at this time is like riding a surfboard on the extra energies abundant during the full moon.

So I would say that the full moon is definately very important! The 'extra emotional energy' it generates suggests a reason why we're all meant to go a little mad during that period, acting a little out of character due to our emotions running high, lol.

As an aside, I've read many people's thoughts on what the moon actually is - some of them are very thought provoking. One fairly outlandish view is that it is a man-made object, put in space by some ancient earth ancestors in order to control us. ALthough I'm not nearly convinced by that, it does make me wonder the exact nature of it, when it obviously controls our behaviour, womens' menstrual cycles, the tides, etc..etc.

I also read that during the times of Atlantis, there were supposed to be two moons - a masculine & a feminine moon. It was the feminine moon which was destroyed somehow, thereby leaving the nature of mother earth's energies polarised towards the masculine.

Oooh, it's a great topic is this!