Thread: Starting Magick
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 11:01 PM
Master
The view I hold of magic, you had asked what magic is- my way of seeing it is manipulation of energy, simple like. Many do this without realizing it.

For quite a while I had begun with magic- Wicca, and this is what started me along my own spiritual path.

Many like to hold there is no dark out there- or rather I view the ideas of dark, forces or entities- shadow- the darker side- to be incredibly narrow.

There exists both dark and light. Modern Satanism isn't what people think it is- have you heard of the church of Satan by Anton Levay? (sp?) The way I view it, is simply child's play.

Personally while I know of magic- as Wicca is not the only path that makes use of it- I no longer practice Wicca- I don't have a taste of it these days. I have no want for anything it offers.

I would suggest with magic perhaps to start with something simple. Intent. Manifestation.

This is usually where one starts naturally- willing our own reality and creating our own path through life. Manifesting results that we would like to see. This way one learns the natural laws, and more about energy in and of itself.

What energy can be used to achieve and toward which end.

If I think of anything else to say, perhaps will post later.

Hope that helped to give you a general idea of what magic is, and why one uses it.