View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 04:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriesIntrovert
Silver - Do you know your mom's Moon sign, or Ascendant sign? She may feel/act like a Cancer because of those.

Please remember that astrology is more than a person's sun sign.

If you met me on the street, or even if you worked with me for years, you would NEVER guess I was an Aries sun sign unless I told you. Why? Maturity plays a part. When I was younger I was more Aries but once my progressed sun moved from Aries to Taurus I mellowed WAY out. ;)

The other part is that I have a Cancer ascendant. The ascendant is our mask or our energy filter. People who barely know me and only judge me from looks and surface layers of my projections will see Cancer traits and only Cancer traits.

The third part of that is my Moon sign. People who know me best see my moon sign (Pisces). We tend to guard our moons since they are the vulnerable, emotional side of us, but family and close friends would all point to my Pisces moon as the best definition of me.

And... one more feature... the natal house where your planets lie in your chart also have an impact on "what people see." For example, when you are at work people see your 10th house planets (or the ruler of your 10th house sign if empty) as the energy you project, your neighbors see your 3rd house planets (or the 3rd house ruler), etc.

I totally agree with this. People who meet me will never be able to guess my sun sign. We can lie about our sun signs and fool others. We can be like our sun, moon or ascendant. Or this could also be overshadowed by other aspects in the chart.
I think people are different and we all have different unique experiences. There is more diversity than the rigid sterotypes that comes into the picture with sun signs.
With synastry I believe we begin to see that when you merge two charts together, there is a lot more going on than just sun sign astrology.
When you merge two charts there could be major configurations taking place. Also the houses might fill up or compliment your partner's houses. That could be a reason why we get along with certain people more than others
Apart from astrology in plain terms we could be attracting certain people because of our thoughts and what we think we become and that could present our lessons and challenges there I feel.
Astrology is a vast subject but then again it can accurately describe unconscious motives which in turn result our thoughts, way of thinking and the kind of people and life we attract as a result of it.
I am a beginner, though I believe we can dig deeper to understand our relationship with others around us, and that is not limited to sun signs only.

Interesting about the natal house where our planets lie in the chart, thank you for the information :)