View Single Post
Old 30-11-2019, 01:25 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Excellent question and thoughts, though they don't make reincarnation by itself silly as a belief, but perhaps the common beliefs it is accompanied by .
What it does show though is that (1) progress isn't linear, and (2) progress along incarnations is an assumption one has to take on pure faith.

Perhaps we all do reincarnate but there's actually no 'point' to it, no progress, no plan, no nothing. It just goes on for its own sake. This is quite possible too, but I bet most people never imagined this option! The human mind is so desperate to apply teleology to everything that it ignores that much in reality is randomness. Some nice people get incurable disease at a young age, and awful people can live care-free lives for decades. With ''karma'' you can always say ''because of past life''. It's a bit like saying ''because of magic!''

I also think that the lack of past life memories in the vast majority of people is interesting..

Thank you for your views on whether the concept of reincarnation is silly or not, whether there's any point and progress in reincarnation , human mind , where despair of human mind can lead as well as karma but, ABSOLUTELY NONE of these are the subject of my thread.

Please concentrate on the subject and if you are not able to comment within the subject then, please don't comment at all on this thread. Also , use the private messaging service to communicate with SlayerofLight for all the rest out of the original subject matters. Thanks.