View Single Post
Old 29-11-2019, 06:24 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabryel
I've been wondering about this for a long time: How can/does a person remember details of a previous life?

The answer, I believe (just my current opinion), is to be found somewhere in the nature of 'memory' itself.

If memories are only stored in the physical brain, then they are probably volatile, like computer RAM which loses its data when power is removed (as in physical death).

Therefore, there must be some form of memory which is part of the spirit or soul, which is carried forwards to the next incarnation.

The physical (local / volatile / short-term) memory is probably more detailed, because it has to store information for the current incarnation to be able to live, work, and experience the current physical life.

The deeper, long-term Soul Memory, is probably geared towards higher things such as the individuals identity, talents, interests and spiritual development.

Any specific information retained from a previous incarnation is probably because the events are emotionally imprinted on the spirit/soul and have actually become part of the pattern or identity of the spirit/soul/self.

Alternatively, as some have theorised, if memory isn't located in the brain at all, but is located somewhere in the higher realms, and the brain works like a radio receiver, then ANY brain with similar 'tuning' (likes / interests / character / personality) may be able to pick up these 'memories'.

Possibly, like with most things, the truth may be a combination of any or all (or none of) these things.

Hello Gabryel and thank you for the very interesting post.

I couldn't agree with you more in that, "the answer is to be found in the nature of memory itself" that it is also , it is my belief, closely related to.

There's what I would call, "Soul memory" that one of the ways this is expressed , it is my belief, is intuition.

In regards to the memories being stored in the brain and this subsequently the brain being like a RAM of a computer that once power is removed, it loses its data...(case of physical death).

Breath in another is this power, without any oxygen , breath, what is left behind is absolutely nothing, therefore, I believe the breath not only is closely related to another person's soul but, since without the breath, basically absolutely nothing is left, with the past life memories and experiences as well.

Upon departure or another taking their last breath, another exits the beach day and takes everythihg on a soul level, with them in the spiritual realm, all life experiences and memories.

I am not so sure about "past life memories being in the physical realm" for all cases who aren't in the physical realm but, right here on earth.

Where I personally believe that these past life memories are stored are in the subconscious and that these are part of the soul that go along with it.

Thanks for the great food for thought!