View Single Post
Old 26-05-2019, 02:15 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm
I appreciate the fact that you think I might need help with understanding Greenslade but I assure you its not necessary. Your video showed nothing new to me except what the terms Samadhi and Maya refers to lol. It seems we need a glossary of terms from all sources...could be a long read as it can't be agreed upon who is right or wrong.

As for my wording of Spiritual intelligence....as I see it spiritual is in the context of being non-physical and the intelligence part as a knowing or knowledge that wasn't known before...yes I could have said gnosis or intuition but I chose this phrase because it felt more valid for what I was trying to convey. It becomes easier to tune into this intelligence when we know how and where to look...and its not in books...you have to feel your way there so intellect gets you no where.

I can see why Pride can get in the way of enlightenment, we hang on to what we feel is right and in so doing the fog remains. Resisting, clinging onto belief systems whether they be religious or scientific...they have the same result, they lock you out of the truth. You may know it intellectually but its not truth itself.
I'm a trainer/assessor by trade and it's 'in the blood' I'm afraid, sometimes it pops out all on it's own. Taking the time to 'explain ourselves to those who will listen' has its merits.

I find it strange that even when the understandings remain across time and cultures, people are still so hung-up on the expression rather than the meaning they convey and accept or reject accordingly. I'm not referring to you personally by the way, it was just an observation since we're talking words and glossaries. Perhaps we still haven't come past the effects of the collapse of the Tower of Babel and we're still babbling on.

If it feels more valid for you then I can run with that and understand it from that perspective. Many years ago someone once said to me "Change the word, change the paradigm." At the time I needed something 'stronger' to reflect what I was trying to express and intelligence didn't sit right somehow. What I needed was something that didn't sound as though it came from the brain/mind process. Thinking back though, many years ago I had the same kind of thoughts (pre-Spiritual days) and for some reason I'm being reminded of that. I do understand your using it as a way of understanding though. And yes, it can set your consciousness sown some interesting Paths.

Interesting that you use the phrase "lock you out of the truth," ain't that the truth? It's actually a cognitive process but I'm guessing you didn't know that but were connecting to it anyway. No I'm not going into a preamble about it but thought I'd mention it, sometimes it's not easy when you have a head-full of stuff but sometimes a touch of confirmation helps. We're all human after all.