Thread: Deja Vu Events
View Single Post
Old 29-05-2018, 10:37 AM
Knower
Deja Vu Events

I can remember the first time I experienced Deja Vu. It was when I was about 7 years old. When it happened, I instantly remembered that it came from a dream I had had the night before. The Deja Vu event lasted just over a minute. In that time I knew exactly what people were going to do and say because I had had the dream. They were also dressed the same as in the dream. It was 100% recall but triggered by the start of the Deja Vu event.

Over the next 10 years, I had about around 1 or 2 such events a year. If the Deja Vu lasts longer than 3-seconds, I could usually trace it back to a dream I had had. This became the norm for many years.

Starting around 10 years ago I noticed two changes in my Deja Vu events. The dreams that triggered them were often from years prior, and they are increasing in frequency. Several such events I had came from dreams I had had 30 years before or more. Again, I was able to know what people were going to say before they spoke. This leads me to believe that our lives are predestined. Several of the dreams I have had I have remembered for many years, feeling that these dreams were so odd that I never forgot them and then 30+ years later, the dreams come play out as Deja Vu. Its almost as if everything is scripted. People dress the same as in the dreams, say their lines, go through their pre-determined functions, the backgrounds match as does the weather and time of day. It is like watching an old movie again years later. The other change I noticed is that my Deja Vu events are becoming far more frequent. Its no longer happening two or three times a year but can be three or four times a month, but in all cases where the Deja Vu events last more than 3-seconds, I can see that they come from dreams I have had in the past. In many cases again, I remembered the dreams for years and then, suddenly, the Deja Vu event happens.

I cannot help but think that there is a reason for such Deja Vu events but I cannot figure that out. They could just be life markers, telling me that I am indeed on my life path despite the feeling of living a chaotic life. Perhaps its to comfort me when I feel my life has gone sideways.

On holiday four years ago I had four Deja Vu events within the same two week period. Two of the Deja Vu events weres o short that I couldn't get a feel of just where they came from or what triggered them, but the other two were much easier to figure out. One stemmed from a dream I had had just two weeks prior to going away on holiday while the other had come from a dream I had 35 years ago. I remembered that dream vividly and would often stop to think about it because it was so odd. I never forgot it and then suddenly, it came into being while I was at a resort in Mexico. It was like walking onto a movie set.

I had two such Deja Vu events last August, both of which also stemmed from previous dreams and both were from dreams I had had over 30-years ago. Both occurred when I was at a meditation retreat. One was when I was sitting in the meditation hall I suddenly remembered the dream and found my surroundings suddenly familiar. The other was was when we are listening to instruction before the meditation sessions started. I remembered, suddenly, one of the people from the meditation center giving us instructions. I had heard the instructions before during a dream from 20-year previous.

We live lives that are scripted. It is only our reactions that are not necessarily known. Perhaps that is what our lives are all about. Our lives are set up so we experience what we feel we need to experience, good or bad, and it is only our reaction to these events that really matter. The amount of energy and thought to create these events must be beyond belief. I cannot help but think we are pawns in a much larger game and yet, I cannot but help feel we do this willingly and with love.

I have no idea why my Deja Vu events are accelerating. I will sometime have two or three such episodes a week now. None are what I would describe as being anything more than mundane. Walking into a restaurant and as the waitress is taking me to my table I see a couple at a table and suddenly I have a Deja Vu event. I bought a bottle of soda and placed it on the floor next to my work table. Stepping back and seeing the bottle against the table leg triggered a Deja Vu event -- I've seen that before, and yet, I have never placed a bottle of soda on the floor next to my work table leg before. None of my Deja Vu events are what I would describe as life-changing events but on the other hand, the Deja Vu event can last over a minute and certainly seem important when they happen. I have never really been able to understand why they occur but I have had them many times, some are quite spectacular while most are quite silly and nondescript. I had two such events within the last 5 days.

PastPilot