Thread: Futhark Runes
View Single Post
Old 14-08-2016, 05:55 PM
Master
Preparation for the lessons.

The materials required for the workshop is a set of runes, a binder, paper and a pen.

First the runes. If you don't have a set you can write runes down individually on a little piece of paper so you end up with a set of runes on paper. This is fine for beginning working with them because at this point the goal is to get connected with them and gain personal experience. Later, if you wish, you can either craft your own set or buy one for casting on a cloth.

There is an extra rune which is blank. It has been called the Odin rune and is controversial. It's not used for writing but has been added for divination. We will meditate with this rune at the end of the set to discover if it is valid for divination.

The paper and pen is for writing your experiences with the runes and is the beginning of a rune journal. I use a binder as I can make a section for each rune and add pages. You may find yourself meditating again with the same rune and have a different experience than the first time you meditated with it. A journal builds up a wonderful personal reference that is unique to you and can help interpret runes when you read them on a cloth.

For meditating the following is what I mean. I found the best meditative technique is to hold a rune in your receiving hand (the one you do not write with) while meditating. Be sure to have a quiet area so that means no music, no chanting etc. Be sure to go within and keep a quiet mind, listen for an inner voice, pay attention to your chakras, etc. Hold the image of the rune in your mind then release it and wait for some kind of response which may be strong, weak or not there. That response is the beginning of your journal.

This is also the beginning of your journey with runes.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)