View Single Post
Old 16-10-2018, 02:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica
Dealing with my depression I once went to a christian website where they asked about my religion and the gods I worship.I told them about Shiv ji and they started saying that I was worshiping a demon with many faces.I felt deeply hurt because of this.
Well...you are...according to THEM, but they are NOT you, are they? .....and you learn from this...only 'Christians' go to 'Christian websites' because that's how they WANT it...they have zero tolerance for all other religions...FACT!

We only feel hurt when we take on somebody else's beliefs as being our own, when we know, deep down inside they are NOT...so if anything, it should only serve to validate and fortify your OWN personal beliefs, right?

I look at it this way...yep, Sadashiva has 5 faces...Lord Shiva is the Bhooteshwara, the Lord of all demons...so? Most of that is metaphorical anyway.

Do you know why I love Lord Shiva so much? because there are NO pretenses...He is a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) kind of God.

I would say that I LOVE worshiping a 'Demon with many faces' and I mean, that is only ONE description of Lord Shiva...one out of billions...but people with a different or opposing agenda only see what they WANT to see that further serves their hellbent purpose.....it is called cognitive bias.

When one is free from all cognitive biases and dissonance, they have attained Samadhi...but until then, they are just as 'lost' as everybody ELSE is...while the blind just lead the blind, trying to see the 'Elephant In the Room' that just isn't there.

Never forget this.