View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 05:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I have found the moment of submitting to a greater force, acknowledging that 'I' am not enough, to be both vital and life-changing to me.

But I am currently finding a lot of truth in some of the Tibetan Buddhist attainments, especially clear light.

My question is, in Buddhism/Tibetan Buddhism, is there also a moment of submitting to some greater force/Buddha, because I can't imagine attaining anything without this crucial 'submission to something greater' moment.

Submitting to a greater force is not part of Buddha's Teachings.

" In Buddhism there are no divine revelations or divine messengers. A Buddhist is, therefore, not subservient to any higher supernatural power which controls his destinies and which arbitrarily rewards and punishes. Since Buddhists do not believe in revelations of a divine being Buddhism does not claim the monopoly of truth and does not condemn any other religion. But Buddhism recognizes the infinite latent possibilities of man and teaches that man can gain deliverance from suffering by his own efforts independent of divine help."