View Single Post
Old 29-12-2017, 04:46 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal.Vibe
This makes a lot of sense.
But how can you stop wanting for something you lack?
Its a catch 22

I guess its a slow process of being grateful what what you have and cultivating it over time until what you lack becomes a surplus?

But you still need desire to cultivate it right?

I must admit I found this a nonsense:
Quote:
....If you are affirming you lack something then you get more of what you lack. Because your attention and thought in your affirmation is on your present position or condition you are just calling more of it into your life.
I mean, who would affirm something they lack? As in, for example, "I will lack money," while I admit that if you don't want something you can always affirm that you won't get it. There's nothing wrong with that. But "lack" usually means something one would like to have. Hence confusion that arises from over complication of a simple principle mainly through too much waffle.

Affirmations work. They've featured strong in my line. They won't work if
- they look back to the past
- they're impractical (and that can include putting a time limit on target results)
- there's anything in opposition in the affirmation itself.
- they're too complicated (e.g. several aims in the same affirmation. "I will have money, sweeties, and win Strictly Come Dancing.")
- they're repeated infrequently or half-heartedly.

The main idea of affirmations is to drill them into your subconscious so they start to alter your behaviour in various ways (including building up single-mindedness). Successful people don't need to do this as it's part of their drive.