Thread: Choice.
View Single Post
Old 23-07-2018, 05:56 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Great hobnobbing with you, Bro!

'Enlightenment' is an 'absolutist' (hence un'real') fantasy. (From my book" There are no canonical absolutes!" There are only various kinds and degrees of creativity (i.e. 'light') and knowledge (i.e. awareness') pertaining thereto. There being no 'upper ceiling' in any such regard!

My 'sense' is that it's 'time' for the 'bubble' of Creativity to burst wide- (or at least wider- ) 'open' - hobnobbing witchoo in said bubble-bursting regard I am, fellow MAN!

You could be right.

Both Krishnamurti's (Jiddu and U.G.) teach that enlightenment doesn't exist.

Another thing is that many (arguably most) of the people who claim to have found enlightenment have engaged in what would be considered unethical behavior. Sexual exploitation of their disciples or students is strangely (given the degree of goodness and integrity such individuals are said to have) and disturbingly common among the supposedly enlightened.

On the other hand, there are those (including both Buddha and Krishna) who claim to have experienced the phenomenon of 'enlightenment', and according to them, it's a very real thing.

Part of the problem is that, if one hasn't experienced a thing, they're left only with the testimony of those who have experienced it, and with that of those who claim to have experientially realized that the thing doesn't exist.

You may feel that you've discovered that enlightenment doesn't exist. Perhaps you have.

I've neither discovered that it does or doesn't exist, but I can definitely say that whether it does or not, I'm completely content either way. My view is that it exists if God thinks it should, and that it doesn't if God didn't will that it exist. I trust in His judgment as to which should be the case.