View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 11:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I also struggle with these cards at times, even after a number of years of Lenormand.
I've found they're often not saying what the booklet / default descriptions say, like lying, cheating, another woman etc etc.
The Snake is more obvious than the Fox, Fox is more hidden. That means Snake is easier to avoid too, as you can spot it. The mask is off with Snake, it is on with Fox.
Snake also isn't as smart and cunning as Fox, they can say or do hurtful things. If there are lies, they are obvious. If lies aren't obvious, it's Fox telling you this.
Since Snake is also about looks, it can be you hide yourself behind that.
I also see Snake in this deck as not being able to get to where you want to go: The Garden of Eden, the apples are ripe, but the Snake stops you from getting there.
I always feel Snake is a short-term thing. I mean, it may lash out unexpectedly and then slither off again. Whereas Fox can be -and likely is- more long-term, it's deeper. Like fear of commitment, fear of dropping your masks etc. That's not stuff that'll go anytime soon.
In this deck, I also feel the Fox is shying away from the Rooster on the fence. Masculine, authority.

Look at what stands out to you in the pictures with regard to your question.
If it's the rooster, then maybe advice is to not slip into fear when you come across an authority figure.
If the rooster doesn't stand out to you, advice may be to not hide your deeper insecurities behind a more blunt outside and/or sharp tongue. In other words: don't be afraid to show your vulnerable side, don't shy away from it.

Maybe any of this resonates or triggers your intuition.

You are right, the snake can just sting and then slither away, it's easy to spot, and the fox is more sly tedious and can be hidden.
That's a good one, there is a need to separate the two of this, the sanke and the fox, the snake being the obvious intention someone holds and fox being more sly hidden about it.
Authority and masculine energy does stand out, someone who does things for power and control and will not have it any other way, it's about the male ego, male pride. And now they are sneaky about it since they have been caught in a way. So the fox in the picture clearly represents that to me, some sort of a coward, but someone you cannot under estimate regardless.
You are right, I need to feel okay by letting my guard down a bit, being more vulnerable at this time, but your interpretation also does make sense, someone is indeed shying away, so I can be more secured and embrace myself now.

Thank you for the response, I very much appreciate it.