View Single Post
Old 18-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Summerlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
It is really not necessary to attack a man you don't know. If you feel that his tutorials make AP harder than it needs to be, so be it. You obviously have a natural affinity for APing.. Good for you. BTW, NEW Energy Ways is MORE than just a tutorial for APing. It also instructs you on bring in energy to heal yourself and others. But to call him a charlatan unless you have been specifically injured by him personally is unhelpful.

This is not a political debate forum. This is a forum to inform and support spiritual development. There are people, like myself, who enjoy reading, researching and learning. Why are you attacking my suggestion on reading Robert Bruce's book. Just because you don't feel his books have any worth for you, doesn't mean that someone else might benefit from reading them.

I'm not attacking him directly and I am certainly not attacking your suggestion of reading Bruce's books. I just stated what I think of him and to be honest I feel sorry for those who follow him as some sort of AP guru that he clearly isn't. Someone once posted in a different forum a treatise on Astral Projection by Robert Bruce. Although I found his description of the "astral dimension" to be sensible, the rest of his spiritual dimensions model was what I scoffed at the most. His "mental", "Buddhic", "Atmic" categories aren't even his!

As far as I can tell, from personal experience and a fresh perspective, if it's not all in the brain, then we are tuning into a frequency beyond the ultrasonic where thoughts are concerned. The metaphysical realm is yet to be discovered by science and when we finally detect it (apart from experiencing it subjectively), we will know a lot more about the OOBE phenomenon. One subtle realm where "astral projections" and dreams are made possible! In fact we are tuning into it all the time even in our waking state. When we daydream, for example, our focus there increases.

I've also noticed that there appears to be another type of OOBE where we seemingly explore the here-now physical reality and usually experienced from a floating point of consciousness rather than a dream body that resembles the physical one (like in astral projection). But I still cannot claim with absolute certainty that it is not my subconscious creating a fairly accurate description of the world I know. I have also encountered many confirmations with both types of OOBEs (seeing what people are doing in the physical or even what's on their minds - seemingly!), but the sceptic will dismiss it as coincidences so there's no real proof that such experiences are genuine in that they allow us to perceive more than we naturally can in the waking state.

I have to be pragmatic and, despite having made many interesting observations with my experiences, I never claim to know anything for sure and I don't see how Robert Bruce can. I believe that science will one day be able to explain this phenomenon, and, when that day comes, all the magic that so-called AP gurus like to sprinkle their books with will be dismissed for the nonsense that they are. Unless, of course, angels come down and say that the info Bruce sold is the absolute truth. Until then I'm not listening to Bruce's quasi-religious dogma.