View Single Post
Old 16-01-2019, 01:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
Kundalini risings is accompanied by high sexual urges. It is important at this point to practice austerities, meditation to transform the heightened sexual energy into higher states of consciousness.

Exercise systems and rigorous physical work is also helpful, along with a disciplined lifestyle.

Some are not able to contend with this heightened energy or understand it, and this is why you find instances of sexual abuse or paedophilia in almost every religion.
Your point about "it is important to practice austerities" is interesting in reference to the sexual energy. Actually, my sense is that the simple approach is best. Clear the mind. Enter the stillness. That "peace that surpasseth understanding" emerges naturally and is better than the best sex. The sexual urge then subsides quite naturally especially since one has found something better.

However, if austerities work for you, then do them by all means. It just sounds like torture to me while the simple, natural approach seems preferable at least for me.