View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 11:48 AM
Experiencer
Could this be connected to some other part of your life that needs looking in to, and newly developed fear of flying is just a way for your subconscious to raise an alarm? I know it is a bit out of the topic, but it is what I sensed. It was curious to me, that you develop this fear as of recently, where you actually enjoyed flying a lot before! Though like you mentioned, it is possible you helped develop this fear by focusing so much attention into all the negative possibilities. I think it is not uncommon for people to suddenly develop a fear of something that gave them pleasure before, even more so, if it is about something that involves any risk whatsoever. I also believe that you should pay attention to how you feel, because a change may be coming your way. If travelling and flying is part of your profession, perhaps a change in that area is coming, and you will be able to stop with that all together? I have seen some documentaries about people having a great fear of flying, and in the end, they still had to overcome it with going into an aeroplane and flying. Your situation seems to be a bit different, so perhaps maybe just focusing your attention away from aeroplanes would start the healing process?