View Single Post
Old 28-10-2017, 07:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
But what of those who misdirect others with their own misdirection?
They are in it purely for themselves too, hahaha and many would absolutely agree they are following their heart.

Like the abuse of tantra for sexual indulgence that Jeremy mentioned.
Which at humanity's current level of development, is going to be the case probably 99.99999999% of the time -- as practised by loads of indulgent gents and their co-dependent camp followers.

Though of course I know you do not fall into this bucket. And I assume Ron Hubbard does not either (?), LOL.

I'm just saying that any solely self-referential standard alone does not guide you forward in and of itself. Not unless you are already centred in authentic love and you actively desire and seek the highest good of the other(s) equally to the self.

From a place of true knowing and wisdom and oneness with others in their infinite uniqueness, it becomes clear that using or exploiting them for one's own base purposes (like in tantra misuse) is never in anyone's highest good...no matter under what (potentially compromised) setting or misunderstanding they may have "consented". Because IMO it's always down to our own intentions to seek the highest mutual good of all -- OR not --and that's all we need to concern ourselves with.

Peace & blessings Dazzer
7L

I would say it's quite easy to speak as if one is enlightened or wise and fluent in spiritual doctrines .

Something I stumbled across through my spirit connections had the other month was with Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and it was said he "amassed a personal fortune that his spokesman told one reporter may exceed $1 billion .

John Lennon later told his wife that he felt that the Maharishi had, in her words, "too much interest in public recognition, celebrities and money" for a spiritual man ..

I had a osho connection the other day and when researching him I found out that he also had a colourful life to say the least and had a fleet of 93 rolls royces ..

Even Tolle in previous conversation had with a few others speaks about ego and not attaining more than one needs to amass a small fortune of his own ..

There is nothing wrong with money and fame and all that jazz, one can't help what one attracts or what one amasses but there is something about ego and letting go of the material world that doesn't sit well with the desires of the material and the holding on to that which one amasses .

The non ego stuff doesn't quite stack up when one signs a contract for another book deal lol .

Hand on heart how can a yogi - master - teacher speak about rising above it all while collecting rolls royces?

Some teachings in my eyes refers to Love and bliss like peeps float on air, butt you don't float while your still attached to what you represent in someway, shape or form .

x daz x